Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Ideal Week

So from my UnWired Challenges blog from a couple weeks back I was to create an Ideal Week calendar.  I created it for my "back to work" schedule and now that it has been over two weeks (well 3 weeks...) I am to reevaluate it and see how realistic it was!  Overall I am doing ok... working out is the only thing that has stopped :(  regularly this last week...  I truly WANT to give it my all and have a NEED and valid reasoning to justify a tummy tuck if i need one after my next c-section in two-three years down the road, but it is HARD to make time when I just want to be with Declan every minute when I get home...   I know this will be a battle I'll continue to just have to DO.  How do working mom's with small kids (well... any mom's really!)  find time to exercise!!???

My Ideal / ACTUAL Week:

5:00 Wake Up, Nurse Declan and get him ready for daycare before he falls back asleep, Eat Breakfast, Exercise 10 Minutes  (I was perfect the first week... 2nd week just 3 days... this last week with daycare drop off added in... I didn't exercise once in the morning), Shower, Wear Makeup (15/17 days... not bad ;) ).
6:30 Leave for Daycare and Work
7:10-7:30 Check Emails/Respond/ Organize for day, make copies for next couple days, etc.
7:30-7:45 Pump   ( About to eliminate my morning pump I hope as Declan is sleeping until 6-6:30 so think I will just feed him later and pump just at lunch and prep!)
7:45-8:00 Greet students, organize room, etc.
8-11:40 Teach
11:40-12:15 Pump and hopefully get to teachers’ lounge for lunch  (SO HAPPY THIS IS HAPPENING... though I inhale my lunch in 15 minutes, I am happy to be out of my room and my "laundry closet" and see work friends)
12:15-2:00 Teach
2:00-2:10 Check Emails/Respond
2:10-3:30  Prep/Pump/End of Day… Be SOOO productive in planning and grading NOTHING comes home  (Stuff has come home... but not much... so far I'm doing ok)
3:30-4:00  Drive home/unwind/ call a family member or friend
4:00- Pickup from daycare if Andy couldn’t/Nurse Declan or Pump if he just ate...
4:15 Exercise 15 minutes (did surprisingly well... took two-three days off in first two weeks, but need to up the ante and use our Insanity DVD's soon... Just Dance Wii and self yoga/planks isn't matching my endurance and cardio needs anymore.  I did Insanity Fit test last sunday tht 15th... was so sore for three days and discouraged with being out of shape... I just haven't done it again.  I will this morning though!!)
4:30- Start dinner/ Play with Declan
5:30- Dinner/watch tv show or talk if no walk possible
6:00-6:45  Pack lunches, clean up kitchen, pick out clothes and clean somewhere else in house….  (I've been about 50/50... but have had live in amazing sitters for most weeks.  But kitchen is staying clean and that is the big one for me) 
                Monday- Last Load of Laundry
                Tuesday-Vacuum
                Wednesday- Clean bathrooms/Dust
                Thursday- Vacuum
                Friday- Clear kitchen table/Sort mail/pay bills
                Weekends:  Meal Plan/Grocery Shop/Clean “mountains”/Start Laundry/Yardwork/Vacuum

6:45-7:15 Nurse Declan-  Bath Tues/Thursdays/Saturday   (two days a week is acceptable in my new opinion... Wed and Sat...) , pjs, etc.
7:15- Walk with Andy, Croix and Declan
8:00- Read with Declan/watch tv show with Andy/read/relax/bath, etc.  Elminated Some nights because he has been in bed by 8-8:30!!  
8:30-9:00 Nurse /Declan’s Bedtime  
School work/tv/computer/finish cleaning/packing for next day...
9:30 10:00/11:00ish  My bedtime/read

No comments:

Post a Comment