Monday, September 16, 2013

Suit Up!

The past two weekends Declan has done just that...Suited Up!  Two very special weekends in a row, my boy was handsome in his tux and bow tie Grandpa Lance picked up at one of his infamous garage sale stops.

Just this past weekend, September 14th, my best friend from undergrad, my first Andie, my future eye doctor when my lasik wears off, got married!  The wedding was in her HUSBAND'S (so fun to say!!) hometown area of Lakefield and Jackson, MN.  Everything went so smoothly and was just a blast.  I am so excited for Jesse and Andrea to start this crazy ride called marriage!
Dad found the black socks later... but he did a FANTASTIC job being on dad duty all weekend.  
I loved our different color dresses (WITH POCKETS... came in handy for my tissues during the ceremony!) and our head table place settings... sunglasses with our names!
Like my two favorite Andy/ie's and two favorite boys... Pretty much favorite picture and moment!
Declan had his first dance with baby Reagan!  He enjoyed staring her down at one point!



The weekend before the wedding, Declan turned 3 months old the day he was baptized!  But before he got baptized at our church, Mom and Britt were staying at the Vic Inn, so we gave him our own baptism by submersion!  The water was just chillier than bath water, but he didn't pout once and we got a smile or two out of him... especially during his chicken fight vs. auntie and me!   




The day of his actual baptism, we were blessed with our family and friends from near and far sharing in his special day with us.  I never thought of what an awesome perk to having a new baby is and that is seeing my families more!!  I love it! Grandma Sue staying to watch Declan the week after the baptism before we started daycare and I do wish we had both our parents closer now... But makes the visits more special and we just got to get the Skype thing figure out soon!     
"I'm 3 months old today!" 
Godparents Timmy and Britt

My cupcake cross... this is as "pintresty" and creative as I get... But really I am just cheap and was going to order a cake, but saw this idea in CashWise's book and figured I could do it myself.  

Oh yes, and after dinner, Declan's first football games were on tv, but both Packs and Vikes lost :( 

1 comment:

  1. It was such a great weekend!!! Two things, I look ripped holding Declan at the baptism, and the Cross cupcake may have been your idea but I did help with the frosting ;)

    ReplyDelete