Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Day of Evan

It was fun to reread The Day of Declan in my Timehop last month so I wanted to jot a few moments down about The Day of Evan!  I've always tried to plan with Declan, if I do this for one kid, can I do it for two?!

First off, I like numbers and have been really excited that June and July would have the 8th and 20th as significant events!  June 8th... Declan's bday, June 20th.. Anniversary, July 8th... Evan's bday and July 20th... My birthday... Andy needs to start a savings acct for June/July presents :)

But I was really happy "Firecracker" stayed in until the 8th!  And the experience of a scheduled c-section was better than a day of labor and going in for emergency c-section.  Though for Declan I was exhausted at 11 pm at night and slept amazing and could get up the next morning.  I was getting quite agitated and stir crazy with Evan's first day and me being wide awake, adrenaline rushes and  unable to move!  I survived and was out of bed by 3!

This time around, Andy and I both got to see at the same time with a little window in the surgery sheet that baby was a boy!  It was so special and brought us both to tears!  Anyhow, also now with c-sections in Hutch, they don't make me recover in a separate room and I got to recover with Evan the whole time, and be there for his whole super alert first 2 hours and nurse right away!  And they don't do baths til later in the day so he didn't leave us for 6+ hours!

 I really beg everyone to strongly consider waiting for the surprise in the hospital for gender of your baby because I just don't know if there is anything more exciting! But I know that's just my opinion... but I love it!    I really think and said I was 50/50 with wanting either a boy or girl, but after having Evan, I do think I wanted a boy more!  Our family is complete as we had decided and double checked with each other daily the last couple months to "tie my tubes" and stick with Man on Man coverage!

But if anyone wants to use our girl name, Saigelynn Mary, they should(Saige mainly, Andy wasn't a fan of the "lynn", but I wanted my name carried on!)  I really, really loved that name... but the thought of tights, bows, ribbons, coordinating outfits, too much pink/purple, shopping, drama, boyfriends, etc. had me much more petrified than brothers wrestling around!  Plus, with our boy, I got our ABCDEF family of names ;)  Andy also wasn't for selecting an E name, but he ended up suggesting Evan and we both loved it!  I like the multiple meanings of Evan too: God is Gracious, Young Warrior and Rock!




Anyways, Evan Francis was a good size at 8 lb 8oz (again, on July 8th... 8 will have to be a jersey #!), 20.5 inches long and was practically back at his birth weight before we left the hospital!  The hospital stay was perfect with lots of recovery and relaxing time which I am trying to continue at home but I have a hard time sitting still!




Declan did really well with meeting Evan and visiting through my days there  (most moments) but he was calling Evan a few wrong names at first.  Lucas... Isaac... My baby... (which he still is and it makes me a little jealous... "No Declan, he is your brother... He is MY baby!") but he has Evan down now.  I definitely missed Declan way more than I even anticipated (and I thought I anticipated missing him a ton) but am happy to be at home with all my boys and my in-laws helping out and trying to make me relax! 



No comments:

Post a Comment