Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July.... in July!

Since we didn't head up to my cabin, we tried to do as much "cabin-like" stuff around Hutchinson!

We started the long weekend with some fishing Thursday night!  We had intentions of getting out more in the boat but too much wind, or other super fun stuff (and some projects) got in our way.

But Thursday night was the start of Declan's holiday weekend late bedtime... 10 pmish!  The next two nights he was up past 930/10 too and did great sleeping til almost 8am and being a happy boy still the rest of the weekend.  Sunday night he crashed and was asleep by 815!

He did a great job in the boat with us for over 2 hours and his attention on his bobber "was hooked" especially after catching fish with Daddy!





We spent sometime each day at a new park or pool completing the Hutch Park Tour we started this year! 

On the 4th of July, Declan and I got to go meet McGinley's new precious baby Lucas Adam!  Declan was entranced and sat by me holding his hand, being so quiet, gentle and super shy for over 20 minutes!  When we left he kept asking and talking about him!   "Where's baby Lucas?"  "Let's go back Noah's house"  "I wanna hold Lucas"    He will be a caring big brother!  (Most the time at least I hope... I'm ready for the jealous rages too)!  We got the rest of Firecracker's and baby stuff out for cousin Logan coming to visit too, and he wanted to go in everything but was happy to put his dolls in them instead too!


'

It was also funny on Saturday the 4th the Declan was asking for a sprinkler so Andy went to set it up but then we realized he wanted to do a sparkler again...  Well, he was happier with the sprinkler and not so happy with the sparkler!  He has the words figured out now!

   


 Saturday night we grilled with Schwedlers and had fun celebrating the 4th and their new lake house with FIRECRACKERS! :)   Declan did well and was brave with the loud noises as long as headphone muffs were on!  Brockway didn't care too much for her birthday fireworks but she was brave too!


  
Sunday, we headed out to Oakdale and golfed 9 holes.  I wished I had had 18 in me because Declan was doing so well on the course, but I was tired.  I was pleased with a 44 considering the only 2 holes I had double bogey's on, I also had some stronger Braxton hicks contractions on!   I had a birdie on 3 and my first chip-in to save par on Hole 8 this year.  And when we asked Declan what his score/number was on each green he played he said,  5, 11, 3, Pink, Snack, Snack, 8, Pink and 4.  So not too bad for a 2 year old rolling the ball on the greens because we forgot his clubs!  I'm going to get 9 more holes in Tuesday morning before this baby comes!  I'm excited! 

We definitely missed our family at Whiteface Cabin but had fun here and were glad to be around our home relaxing and playing as our family of 3 one last weekend.

We also got our last belly pic sign in... click on link and scroll to the bottom to see Firecracker vs. Junebug at 39 weeks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment