Monday, July 27, 2015

Why 2 is better than 1!

I am loving life with my new Evan.  I will admit, after having a toddler almost full time with me in June I have moments where I think, "Man, Evan... I forgot you newborns are kind of boring..."  But I will take "boring" and precious and sweet and cuddly over witching hours and screams.  Infants may not be my favorite stage/age, but I do love babies and I love mine with all my heart!

But it is so amazing seeing Declan be a big brother.  Whoever gets him out of his crib in the morning, he now asks "Where's my baby Evan?"... not "Where's Mommy/Daddy?" He asks to hold him at least once a day, but more like 3 times and he is gentle at saying all day. He tries to put his nook in when he cries,  though Declan is giving up on nooks too. Evan just isn't going to take one and that is now fine by us. 

I do feel bad I am definitely taking less pics of just Evan as Declan tends to make it in half to pictures... but 600 pictures of Declan in his first 2 months of life may have been excessive... I'll get the cute ones taken care of for memory books and photo albums!

I really had only been fearful about scheduling days and not being able to help Declan and Evan at same time, but really it has always worked out fine.  Sometimes Evan has had to wait a couple minutes or Dec has had to wait 20 mn too but his patience is growing.

However, this comic had me laughing with tears the other day and I am sure it will come true!  Declan already will hit Evan when I am nursing if he wants negative attention but I am ready for the rough and tumble days too!  Thankfully he can't turn a doorknob yet and has spent his fair share of time playing alone in his room during feedings. 

A few tips i have found make things easier is just plan 30 minutes to get out of the house.... and lock a toddler in his carseat 20 minutes before we leave, and get him out our the car always last.  Another thing I am glad I did was hide/store away some toys and books and puzzles and can pull them out before I nurse and they are like new toys again! Letting him help with Evan as much as he wants and Evan talking to Declan always works to get a laugh out or get Dec to listen/do something!  

No comments:

Post a Comment