Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hello Fresh Review





 Simply put, I love it.  Food delivered right to my door, in correct portions, with super easy recipes to follow, and delicious meals I would never think up on my own.  Fun to get more ideas to re-make too! We will definitely continue to do it once or twice a month for variety and on the busy busy weeks!   It is a bit expensive (60$ for 3 meals for 2, but the meals are large enough for Declan to eat with us and we had leftover for one lunch each time!  But you have to see for yourself what you think... Get your first box 40$ off by using this referral code or go to www.hellofresh.com, check it out and create an account and enter my code in coupons: SH6DWQ  and then I get 20$ off my next box too!  That will help us all make it super reasonable ;) I mean you all know I'm really just blogging about this to help you and help me, right!?!

 But there is no required time to try it, no cancellation fees and you can easily pause weeks you don't want it to come.  I have ours paused the next 3 weeks because we have to get thru freezer meals I made and so many awesome friends and family brought us with Evan! You have 6 different meals to pick three from too so you can be sure you get something your family would like.

Two of the receipes did have about 20 minutes of prep/cutting, but was so easy with all the produce and ingredients right there in their box... and I enjoy cooking and found it relaxing and just did this part during nap times.  The quality of the produce and meat/fish was better than anything I ever buy at store! I also liked that we (Declan included!) tried new foods and liked them!  Chrizo, fennel and purple sweet potato chips were delicious and I have never cooked with them!

I am definitely not a food photographer but below is a fennel orange citrus chrizo cod cooking and my favorite recipe of the three was Thai Beef Style Noodles!  (The carrots were noodles!  Sadly, Declan didn't eat them like I thought it would... he loves carrots and loves noodles but flavor on them may have been weird to him or he wasn't very hungry...)  Andy liked and ate them and he doesn't eat carrots by choice usually!




Only thing I feel a little guilty about is the packaging waste but they definitely advertise you are wasting no food and if you bought all the ingredients at a store packaging waste would be similar. But on their website you can get credit by sending back the packing cooler cushions and the ice packs are super reusable, or just water and can be tossed.

Hope you give it a try and see for yourself if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment