Friday, July 3, 2015

Final days with just one kid...

I am getting so excited... so so excited to meet Firecracker!  I can't wait to find out if baby is a boy or a girl, have lots of family here in Hutch (but I'll enjoy my quieter "hotel" hospital stay, thank-you-very-much!) and just enjoy the small miracle that newborns are!

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little emotional, sad, scared for the change too!  I love my house, but in this perfect weather June we have been having, I don't enjoying being in it all day/every day!   Nursing 8-10 times a day seems daunting to me right now.  I loved nursing with Dec but that was one kid's schedule/demands being met so I am hoping I enjoy it as much with this baby.

I have felt soooo good at the end of this pregnancy I almost feel guilty... no hives... back pain is so minimal and awesome... I'm golfing really well... and baby must be smaller because not it is not in my ribs ever....Plus, there is such a peace knowing baby will be here July 8th  (ya ya... could be sooner but I'm in denial about that and due date not til 13th, I think baby will stay in) as the waiting game is the hardest part!

I really know deep down everything will be fine and all the challenges will be overcome by the positives, and millions of people have done it before but I still have these feelings and feelings should be shared... as I tell Declan (and my husband in my hormonal moments now) all the time!

But back to my final couple weeks with Declan and baby prep!  I feel so spoiled and blessed to have June not teaching, but I have been working harder than in a classroom with getting house organized/junk purges, rooms ready and to-do lists accomplished!  (Yet, I was also spoiled with Andy agreeing to let me hire a air-duct cleaner, house deep cleaning and carpet cleaning company!)  But the pre-baby to do lists was officially finished with 9 freezer meals made, car cleaned and carseats rearranged/installed yesterday!  So I  will be relaxing all weekend!!

But amongst my to do lists, we have been having lots of fun as a family of three!  Last Sunday was the 3M family picnic.  Declan has been asking for a "Picnic/Park" ever since and wants to ride horses and go on giant slides!  If he isn't asking for a "picnic/park" he is asking for a pool! He has been to so many friend's house for fun and new toys and new friends, it isn't shocking he asks, "Who's friend's house we go today?"   We also have made it to story in the park at the library every week, and "strawberry farm" picking!  But last night on Lake Stella was a favorite of mine!  Weather was glorious and Declan got to catch two fishes with Andy and kept trying for more for almost an hour straight!  He was so giddy and excited and focused! Just realizing every sentence is ending in an exclamation point, but they are worthy of them!!!!









Click here for a video of Dec reeling in one of the fish!  (Excuse the no life jacket in this video... I was just putting a warm jacket underneath to head back to dock when a new fish bit the line!) 



My loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment