Saturday, June 27, 2015

Park Update... with some added Pools to our tour too! :)


Since we only have three Hutch parks left, I decided to up the ante to getting us out of the house with two kids later this summer by adding a few more pools to check out!   

  1. Shady Ridge   
  2. Women's Club  (Piano Park!)
  3. Rotary-    New Fitness Addition!
  4. Oddfellows   (Purple Dino Park)
  5. Roberts
  6. Masonic/West River 
  7. Riverside Jaycee  (Rollie Slide Park)
  8. Kiwanis   (Rocket Hill) 
  9. Fireman's
  10. Kimberly
  11. North Woods    Click link as I did it's own small little blog as I was practicing photo collage and Blogger app on my phone :) 
  12. Lions Park East
  13. Tartan Park-  (Pirate Park)
  14. North/Community Playground (Park Elementary)--  Our "Home" Park
  15. South   (Frisbee Golf Park)
  16. VFW
  17. Elks
  18. Lions Park West
  19. Rolling Meadows-   (Slideless/Easy Park)
  20. Driftriders
  21. West Elementary
  22. Junior Community Women
  23. St. A's
  24. Bike and Skateboard Terrian Parks  (Bridge Park)
  25. Our Savior's Lutheran Church  (ABC, 123 Park!)
  26. Library Square "Park"
  27. Hutch Rec Center Pool
  28. Silver Lake Pool
  29. Glencoe Pool
  30. Gaylord Pool
  31. Lake Minnetonka Regional Park & Swimming Pond

Roberts Park:   Declan met his friend Cameron here (after trying for West Elementary but they were putting down new chopped tire padding.)  My little climber enjoyed the snake ladder while Cameron and Joe were on the swings.  Then some 2 year olds attempted slide race/tag.  I was sad to see the merry-go-round was gone and something else seemed missing... being next to the sand volleyball courts and ball fields, I really do think and hope this park gets an upgrade soon!  But I had Declan's birthday balance bike in the car and he wanted to ride it with Mandi as they were on her bike so he hopped right on and went the furthest/best he has yet on his own!
 


Driftriders Park:  West on Southgrade road and just past the Otter Lake Bridges in the Prairie View/South Grade Ct Developments, this park is NOT a playground park and Declan was disappointed.  But he climbed the rocks a little (the big one would be awesome for older kids).  He kept asking for "new park, new park" so I told him we'd go to the Car/Clifford Park in the neighborhood but he wasn't all that thrilled there either!  Anyhow, I brought Croix and Mione (dogsitting for friend) knowing they would enjoy trail and lots of fetch and they got tired out so that mission was accomplished! 




Hutch Rec Center Pool:  We went for a family hour (530-630) with Andy one evening.  And Declan may fight baths sometimes, but only because they are too boring.  He loves pools and water!  I loved just lounging in the wading pool (but NOT zero entry and that is why every other pool I take Dec alone too will have that!) and watching Dad and Declan play!







Silver Lake Pool:  They have great hours on Friday's for toddlers who have strict mom's with their nap schedule!  It is open Fri & Sat12-8 so I can get there before or after nap.  Hutch pool being 1-4 is so not ideal for napping but the family hour is less crowded and better for us anyhow!  But this pool is awesome and Dec ran into his daycare friend Olivia.  They crawled all over being walruses and she got braver seeing my fearless jumper... he was so fearless he kept wanting to jump in and me not catch him.  He loved going underwater and thru the shower mushroom.  But he also would climb up ladders and run somewhere farther than I could maneuver my pregnant swimming self and almost jump in!  Thankfully, both times I YELLED "STOP!" he stopped since he was so startled by my "yelling" voice.  He was a good listener and only jumped near me after threatening to be all done at the pool if he ran too far from me again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment