Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Pinterest Projects in our new home!

My friend Meghan, in her assistance through her blooming business Designing our Dream Life, turned me on to Pinterest... But in the best way possible for me and my attempt at limiting technology/internet-time-suckers.  I hate to be too wired during these precious golden years with my littles!

So she did all the pinning for me with ideas I have seen from friends or shows and found articles to help with all my questions!    Plus, I wanted to use materials I had or could buy cheap... Owning two house for a couple months wasn't exactly cheap while repairing the Hutch one lots too :) She helped me accomplish projects with her ideas fast and assisted in doing our gallery wall.  (A definite two person job!) If you have projects ideas and want the extra assistance and encouragement to run design ideas by her, definitely check out her website and give her a call!  It may just be the extra motivation you need to get projects done to enjoy living in your home NOW! :) 

( Molly... I feel like I have copied half your house with some of these things... hope you truly don't mind and take it as a compliment!)

But thanks again Meghan for helping me with questions and showing me Pinterest for all our ideas!

Our new office desk:



I truly love this because the door is from our old house.. It was the kitchen doorway we closed off when we won the Ugly Kitchen Contest with Richard Larson's builder, I had a night stand and wanted a file cabinet so found one of Craiglist for 10 bucks and spray painted it white! 16$ desk!  We may buy glass for the top someday, but may not as I like it for crafts/photos/wrapping presents and using laptop on it and it has worked with the indents for all that so far. 

Homemade cornice boards:
Haven't done these yet... it is last on my list and trying to find the perfect fabric/tableclothes at a cheap price but below is a pic so you can imagine!



Gallery family photo wall:



SO MUCH FUN!  And we USE the dining room almost every evening because we want to see our pictures.  And if you don't know the toothpaste trick for hanging up frames, it is amazing.  I can't believe all the years I spent measuring and penciling frames!


Special photos on knobs:


Photo cred to my dearest Sarah! The knobs were .99 cent kitchen cabinet knobs from Menards that slid right over the nail!


And found lots of little organizing tips that were easy to do too!

Spice shelves/racks and utensils:


And ya, I alphabetized them... I'm a dork like that. 



Bath toy buckets:








Had mold/gunk growing on the corner one... but then did try washing that and seems good.  But these are working well for bath toy rotating and not millions of toys in tub too!












Milk can:







 Ok, I just spray painted it but I saw it on Pinterest and that gave me the idea to match our front door!













Clothes organizing: 

And if you missed my closet purging blog/how to fold clothes different, I did that too thanks to Pinterest, the freedom in moving and getting rid of things you don't use and don't bring you joy, and book tips in The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up:

Bouncer Approved!



Our home is HOME now.  Projects virtually done (well... still sorting basement room for sale/donations in two weeks) but we love it here and look forward to just cleaning regular messes now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment