Friday, August 9, 2013

Dear Declan.. You're Two Months Old!!




TWO MONTHS!!

My Sweet Boy:  (Grandma Connie pointed out that I definitely call you that the most :)!

I didn't think it was possible to be more in love with you than the days you were first born and in your first month, but apparently it is possible because I love you more now than then... I now know and accept this love will continue to deepen in me like it has loving Dad and Croix! I tear up just writing this, but you probably know by now what a sap your mom is!

You are smiling and "telling stories" and giggling and loving more and more of the world around you that it makes me slow down and appreciate it more with you and just be thankful to God for you and dad and everything great we have!  You first really giggled today with Auntie Britt as she giggled back... you giggled..she giggled... You did it solid for a minute but just like your smiling moments, but when I pick up my phone or camera to capture them you get engrossed wondering what that was and I haven't caught many but here are some gems I snuck up on you:


On my 29th birthday you "golfed" your first 18 holes with us and Uncle Timmy!  Mom had fun and you loved it too!

 On your "3rd month birthday" you will be getting baptized into your spiritual birthday with Christ!  I'm excited for that weekend already because all your grandparents will be here, Aunt Britt and hopefully both your uncles!  Plus other family that loves you!  (but NOT wanting to rush Sept here because I was "scolded" on the golf course Tuesday by a sweet, old retired women.  I said in jest, "Oh, I want to retiree in AZ with you this winter"   She said, "Do NOT wish your life away... you have a new beautiful baby... ENJOY HIM!"  and boy do I agree!! :)

But I mention your baptism in this letter now, because as much as I know I WANT to write a letter to you every month, I have a more realistic goal to write you letters around your doctor visits this first year and then 3 or 4 times a year!

Though I am excited to get back to teaching and my work friends soon, I am starting to get sad (yep... tearing up again! ;) ) to think of leaving you everyday but absence makes the heart grow fonder and I'm just gonna LOVE picking you up from daycare!  I know you'll be fine and have fun with Dave, Sarah, Adam and Eli Saturday when Dad has to work and I have Andie's bachelorette party Saturday in the cities, it is a great test because it is the longest and furthest I have been away from you!

Here are some other facts about you right now:  

Age: 2 months

Weight:   I'm guessing 13 lbs but you have checkup next week so I'll update then!
     8/15/13 Update after Dr's:  I was right on!! You are 13 lbs exactly!  58% 
Length:  24.25" long- 89%
Head:   15 7/8" 77%

Momma did not like holding your legs down while the nurse gave you THREE shots... You definitely screamed like you never had before from pain, but it was over with so quick... You have been unlike your self and fussy and hard to comfort today, 8/15, as well but that's to be expected :(  

Feats/Mobility:  You still roll over ok when we help you cheat a little but those extra pounds you have since birth make it harder I think ;)  But you keep working on your tummy time, while momma is trying to lose her tummy doing planks!

Likes:  You still like mirrors and some lights/fans, but you are not cranking your neck at all times to keep staring at something if we walk away!  And FINALLY, you love snuggling!  At least at the right times when you are still tired or getting tired.  You still like your alone time and leg kicking time too but my favorite time of my day is just those snuggles before and after you sleep!!  This past week I discovered you like books if I read them on the floor with you and you can stare at the pics... Dr. Seuss and Rainbow Fish seem to be to favorites with the black, white and crazy pics and the sparkley fish!




Dislikes: Sometimes our sling for you but sometimes not... but really, nothing else right now!  Thankfully when you cry we can usually figure it out.... Though the other day you cried for 20 minutes because you were overtired/overstimulated and Croix was so confused what was wrong with you!  If you are fussy and I can't figure out why, I've discovered getting a little Croix, Bouncer and Fuzzy hair off the floor and couch comforts you... You like the vacuum too!



I love you through and through,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment