Sunday, May 5, 2013

Showers... and not the rainy kind!!

Well, it was a little gray and a little wet yesterday, Sat. May 4th for my Hutch baby shower, but the weekend before in Chisago it was perfect spring weather!  And either way, the weather didn't matter because the fun of family and friends together for our baby was the highlight!!

April 28th, felt like my wedding day minus all the men!  It was so fun to have both sides of family and friends from Hutch and the cities together at one place!  The few hours went so quickly but were very memorable.  I brought my baby book as half the people there were at my mom's showers when I was the newborn!  My sister and our friend Alison gave Baby Junebug a Royal Tea Brunch and the menu was exquisite! Everyone played the "don't say the B word" game and was stealing baby pins.. I was proud of my Aunt Brenda for winning!  Then while opening gifts everyone guessed my belly size with string.  It was fitting my pregnant friend Nicole won as we are about the same size right now!  However, my Aunt Judy got a little carried away and her string was taller than me and wrapped around belly twice!!





Sat. night, we got to put to use the Broadway tickets I got Andy for Christmas.  First, we had a wonderful dinner at a favorite restaurant we used to go to all the time during college, Joe's Crab Shack.  Andy's meal was taking a little long, but they were super on top of it and apologizing/explaining everything, plus then they gave us both our entrees for free!   After we headed to the Orpheum where we went and saw Mary Poppins! The play may have been my favorite setting and scene changes I have ever seen and the dancing and singing we very well done.  Michael and Jane were amazing child actors too! 




Packing up the car and Croix on Sunday was a feat but good thing Andy was good at Tetris!



This weekend was our Hutch Shower!  Matt and Jody came out for the day and my friend Mary MacLeod came all the way from Eau Claire.  Sarah hosted the shower for us and did a wonderful job with her themed party.  Pink OR Blue (If Only We Knew!)!!  The decor and food down to the fine details had their touch of boy or girl!  She put together all the Old Wives Tale tests for everyone to guess what I was on different tales and then we put them to the test.  Results are in... looks like baby could be a Girl!  Everyone went with their gut feeling and showed off with a cookie what they thought we were having!  










No comments:

Post a Comment