Thursday, October 27, 2016

"When are you due?"


That is a question you should never ask another woman.

Especially one who is at the gym, changing in the locker room.  I calmly just said my 6 month old was in Kids Klub.

And then it happened again a couple months later... same place, new person... a skinny 20 something.

But they say the third time's a charm...

This 3rd time didn't feel so charming..."OOOhh, wow, saw you playing racquetball hard and lifting... when are you expecting?!?"  And I wasn't as calm.  I said, "You should just ask people if they have children, not when they are due in case they are not pregnant... My two boys are in Kids Klub and no one else is growing in this body."

Image result for get bitter or better

Though right now I have chosen getting better and forgiveness and I am thankful for those three bold, no filter women.  Without them, I would still be on this journey alone.  And I did ok on my journey alone.. in 10 months at gym workouts and my nutrition I lost 12 lbs and was getting stronger.

 But don't do this alone friends and you don't need a gym!   In the first two months with online communities and Beachbody I lost 12 lbs, 10 more inches, and am at down to 13.5% body fat.

 I am so grateful my friend Molly shared her story consistently about the impact the Beachbody community and Shakeology were making in her life.  And now, I can't help but share mine in case you have that "third time's a charm" moment and want the community, consistency, change I didn't realize I was craving.   I have realized my body and diastasis recti (my pregnancy's splitting my abs) really needed daily expert workouts to begin healing.  I have learned to intentionally plan my me time, my schedule, my nutrition.  I am continuing to learn daily what I'm willing to sacrifice, what I'm not, where my excuses come from and how strong I can be (and not just in muscles!).

  It has become so much more about the inches and scale and about helping others now. I have been on a health journey since Declan was born but now I want to stay on one forever for the energy it gives me, the modeling it does for my children and for putting myself first in the morning to serve and be patient the rest of the day.

Contact me and look around here if you are interested in hearing more about programs I have done, both with Shakeology, and I would love to tell you about them.

 I am looking for three more friends who want to get on their own journey with us in a SUMMER AIN'T OVER TIL WE SLAY IT IS community today...   There may be better times than others to start, but life will always be busy and will never slow down unless we make the time.  But this upcoming August group is going to be saving you so much time in the kitchen to enjoying the remaining long sunlight outdoors... So take a chance with me, fill out this form, and we'll start practicing habits, learning to sacrifice to gain, but giving yourself grace and starting over sometimes daily for awhile because I still do!

  Take care of you first to be the best YOU, the best friend, spouse, or parent you can be!








No comments:

Post a Comment