Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Goodbye HLWW... but mourning thru golf helped

 I definitely cried more in the last 3 weeks saying goodbye to school than I did in the stress of moving and saying goodbye to Hutch and our dear friends there.  I almost felt guilty about that, but when I thought about it longer, I was so newborn sleep deprived but semi-relaxed on maternity leave.  And, I have had a longer "relationship" with HLWW than any one house, school/college, even most near-in-distance friendships except Andy.  10 years were spent here and I truly loved my job, my students and definitely my coworkers.

  My students had a tearing up tally count on the last day and I hit 13.... A fellow coworker who is moving to a district closer to her family came up with the idea to write a two-voice poem saying farewell.  And then leaving this room for the final walk to my car cemented the waterworks at just 6 times on our final workday.


Luckily, I was heading to our end of the year golf outing... so the mourning was complete. Game face on.


Not the winning team... but they still had fun:

 Also, not the winning team... but they had fun too:

You guessed it... they didn't win, but had a great time:


AND THE WINNERS... at -3 under!!   Plus we had a blast:


The Hecklers may have had the most fun though... 


The successful stole golf carts from all of us and hid them "well":

They totally made it over that stump successfully...


A few of us played another nine and instead of just chasing golf balls, they may have chased a gosling... But no fear, it returned to its mother... I was worried!



Most of the group (a couple had to leave right away)!   Thank you HLWW for all the memories!  I'll be back to visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment