Monday, June 17, 2013

Declan's First Week of Firsts

The last two blogs (Week Before Declan and Declan's Day) were much more narrative (and probably boring to most, but I'm trying to save memories for me because I have come to learn my memory is seriously getting worse...) but this one I'm going to fill with pictures because the cliche is right, the pics are worth a thousand words!


Preparing for first car ride leaving the hospital

First Car Ride

First of many kisses from Big Bro Croix... Croix is doing wonderfully with Declan though! 

First Bouncer meeting... Fuzzy hasn't been around much but saw her peeking in crib at him once but couldn't get camera in time!


 











First time in crib during tour of house and reaching out towards Croix!


First outing to Target and Mall for Father's Day present shopping!


 First volleyball game and hanging out with pal Noah!

 First 5K watching Sarah and hanging out with pals Eli and Adam. They brought the bell for him to ring!


 First Time on Turtle play mat!  Definitely a favorite place to be!

First time with Snail "Junebug"  He LOVES mirrors/songs/lights & has figured out to tap it to keep it playing!

First Cribbage game with Auntie and me

 First Bath... it had a MESSY start... but you can ask Andy about that ;) 


First bottle from Daddy!  (I had my first "bottle" too ; ) ) 


ONE WEEK (plus 12 hrs...) OLD!!  And First Father's Day!



 First time with grandparents all together!  


If you haven't seen enough, here is a video of all his friends and family visitors this first week too!  With the Smashmouth song, just ignore the pronoun she/her and change to he/his... need to get a few more songs on my computer :)

His second week of life is going to be jam packed with family from Sue's side in Omaha, NE.  We are headed out on our first road trip!  This trip was up in the air if we'd be up for it, but Declan is proving to be an amazingly easy baby (knock on wood...), I'm healing from my c-section wonderfully and nursing is going smoothly too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment