Monday, April 15, 2013

Bridesmaids

Last weekend, April 6th, I was so lucky to be able to see 3 out of my four bridesmaids and then spend a whole car ride from the cities back to Hutch talking with my fourth bridesmaid! I am so thankful and lucky to still be close and in touch with my four ladies.  I know it has only been about four years since my wedding, but if I was getting married today, I would have this four ladies (though probably a few more now too), but I am thankful for great life long friends.

 Jody had a 31 party with me and it was great to just spend the night Friday and all day Saturday seeing her being a wonderful mother and just catch up in person.  Amara treated me to coffee at the new coffee house just a block away and she is so close to finishing school.  I have known Amara since grade school, and she has been in school ever since.  She is going to make a fabulous Nurse Practitioner and I can't wait for her to find the perfect job and ONLY have a job to do so she can see me (and other friends...) more!!  Brittany was working, but I went to have a delicious solo dinner at Naviya's and we got to chat before she got busy.  But if you are looking for Thai, I recommend going there!  It was delicious!

When we got back Sunday, I was so excited to go meet Junebug's second newest friend to this world, Tom and Molly's baby Noah Thomas.  He was super precious with a ton of hair on his head!  I'm so excited for the awesome parents they are going to be and thankful for our friends just a bit ahead of us to go through lots of the same things together!


This weekend, I got to participate in a great coworker friend's bachelorette party with all her bridesmaids, family and friends.  It was the first themed bacherlorette party I'd ever gone to and it was awesome.  Everyone was assigned a female singer... I received the task of being pregnant Britney Spears... I loved getting ready and preparing a parody karaoke song (which I found two different ones online and combined them) for Gold Coin late in the night... I was terrible, but the words and my costume are below.  From Cher, to Katy Perry, Dolly Parton, Gaga, a "naked" Alanis Morisette... we were the center of attention at every place we stopped    Many wishes to Jackie in her last couple months as a "single lady"  (No one was Beyonce though...)





LYRICS TO "KICK ME BABY ONE MORE TIME"

Oh baby  baby, oh baby  baby

Oh baby  baby, how was I supposed to know
That when you are inside here
I think I can feel your bones
You're pushing on my sides, yeah
Tell me what position you need

Tell me baby cuz I need to know now, oh because

Chorus
My uterus is killing me
I must confess, I have to pee
With all these hormones, I'll lose my mind
And when I unwind, you kick me baby one more time!

Oh baby  baby, It's harder to breathe when
Your butt's up in my lung
Oh pretty baby, there’s nothin' that I wouldn't do
My friends say childbirth stung

Show me how to be a mommy
Tell me baby cuz I need to know now, oh because

Chorus

Oh baby, baby, how much larger will you grow?
Oh pretty baby, you don't need to throw elbows
I must confess, that my uterus is killing me, ow!
So I've just been wondering
How long you will be 
A pain in my side
Kick me baby one more time


Chorus

I must confess (my nauseousness) that my achiness
(is killing me) is killing me now
(I must confess) don't you (I still believe) know I still believe
That you're safe right here (I can't unwind)
And give me a sign...
Kick me baby one more time! 
!


No comments:

Post a Comment