Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Ugly Bright Yellow Blank Slate!

       I made use of my bittersweet, slightly- unwanted- if-we-have-to-make-up-in-June, snowday today and finished emptying out our old office/future Junebug's room, and set up our new office area so I can quit using kitchen table and island for work.  We've been doing a little bit the last couple weeks of donating/selling extra furniture in old office and ordering our new items.  Our new carpet, recliner and crib will be here soon! But before they get set up, Andy is in charge of the nursery! (At least I am trying my best to release all responsibility...) I loved that with our wedding I had no stress thinking about honeymoon and he had something to work on and I'm doing the same with the nursery.  I have no strong decorating skill/desire anyhow so this is perfect!

Before Pics of our blank slates and my after pic of the new office set up in our guest room!



      But I did collect some ideas for my hubby to work off of when I subbed a couple months back in an art room of 8th graders.  There were no real sub plans so I made up the assignment to design Junebug's nursery.  I told them we were thinking of a Mario/Princess Peach theme... but our options were open so design away!  Here are a couple of quality (well... semi-quality entries...):

Livin' the Dream
This student was convinced we should name baby Annabeth.
Winner of "boy" prize I gave out.

Winner of the "girl" prize I gave out. 








These last couple are just cute!  I entertained the Tree of Life idea for a bit!







No comments:

Post a Comment