Sunday, March 29, 2015

Hutchinson Park Tour 2015!

So this is a TOTAL activity idea, blog topic and future Shutterfly book steal from my Hutch bestie... I hearby give her all the credit on this one!  (Plus ALL her awesome ideas and ALL her awesome mom skills I have learned from her over the years!)  Thank you Sarah!  I think they have completed the tour twice but there is where I stole the park list from!  The City of Hutch site has a PDF if you want to try on your own!  Though it does look a little outdated and doesn't have addresses... I just may need to have them get on updating that!  


Parks with Playgrounds:
  1. Shady Ridge   
  2. Women's Club  (Piano Park!)
  3. Rotary
  4. Oddfellows   (Purple Dino Park)
  5. Roberts
  6. Masonic/West River 
  7. Riverside Jaycee 
  8. Kiwanis   (Rocket Hill) 
  9. Fireman's
  10. Kimberly
  11. North Woods
  12. Lions Park East
  13. Tartan Park-  (Pirate Park)
  14. North/Community Playground (Park Elementary)--  Our "Home" Park
  15. South   (Frisbee Golf Park)
  16. VFW
  17. Elks
  18. Lions Park West
  19. Rolling Meadows-   (Slideless Park)
  20. Driftriders
  21. West Elementary
  22. Junior Community Women
  23. St. A's
WOMEN'S CLUB: We went here yesterday, March 28th, to get us all fresh air.  Declan was excited to go to a "new" park and has made me excited for this mission!  I used to go here a lot with the girls I nannyed for when I first moved to Hutch.  Brought back some fun memories!  Croix played fetch for almost the whole hour and has been sleeping ever since! Declan went down his first slide head first... and not on purpose.  The look on his face was priceless and he was a little nervous getting in it the next couple times but was careful!   

   

NORTH/COMMUNITY PARK ELEMENTARY PARK: We go to this park at least once a week as it is a block walk from our house.  And it is big and awesome!   Seeing Declan grow and climb and do so much on his own from one week to the next has brought tears to my ears more than once here!  Andy brought Declan and Noah here one warm March Friday evening and them running to hug me was the highlight of my day.  Highlight of their time was the puppy and their first spring wagon ride!





ROTARY PARK: The Albrecht's met us here on our first near 60 degree day on MARCH 11th!  Declan was obsessed with the bridge and then later they made lots of "food" with wood chips at the restaurant window and threw some up as fireworks too!


   

ROCKET HILL: We got a little sledding in here but Dec wanted to spend more time at the park in February!



At SOUTH PARK or ELKS I didn't get pics but they are two other favorites I will later to make them officially count.   At South Park, we were with my first Andie and her husband Jesse.  But managing stroller, a toddler who didn't want to be in stroller and Croix while they frisbee golfed, I just enjoyed the park and company!  It was a wonderful evening with our friends and sometimes just keeping memories in our minds is as good! At ELKS on a pretty cold day, I had Croix and Declan alone too so phone stayed in the car... next time!   



No comments:

Post a Comment