Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Happy Birthday Cartwheel! Oh how I love you Target!

If you know me even a little... you know I am a bit (ok...very) cheap... I never really buy name brands, I drive a '99 Subaru because it works, and I LOVE coupons.  Though Andy has been right in times that I spend more because I have a coupon.. .I buy something I wouldn't have so they win... but I have gotten much better at that.

Anyhow, I was ashamed at myself that I have just truly discovered the wonderful world of Target's Cartwheel app!  I put the app on my phone over 7 months ago to get a coupon for our Target Portrait Studio*** Christmas session and forgot to use it anyhow.  Recently, Sarah and I made an outing with baby Isaac to Target and she showed me how to scan and check things and I have been hooked since.

But today was amazing... I feel like I robbed my Target.  But I know they are just thanking me, right? The baby coupon book was waiting for me in the mail yesterday, and their big coupon of the week in their ads was $20 off $100 baby products. Um.. so Target, you are giving me 20 dollars??  Have I said yet that I love you!  And I have been watching Cartwheel, ads, etc for deals on Declan's Eddie Bauer convertible carseat for the Pathfinder so knew I would probably use this for that.

Well I get there today... and the $130 carseat is on CLEARANCE for $90!  Then in the baby book, there is $25 dollars off Eddie Bauer harness booster seat that "miraculously" worked (I think my amazing checkout lady just made it work as I warned her I didn't know if it was technically a booster seat but was Eddie).   So with a few other coupons, items, cartwheel scans, I could've spent $230 at Target today... but I spent $130.. with a $10 gift card for next time.. And how I look forward to next time Target!  

I think I am still on a shopping high and had to share and wish Cartwheel a Happy Birthday!  I only knew it was their birthday because of an email where you can vote for the special to be unwrapped on July 13th... but if I want to place a bet on our amazing Target... they'll probably give us all the specials :) 


***Sidenote...  Just got Dec's 1 year (+ 20ish days) photos done last week.. If you want to see the cute album, let me know I can email you the link!!    In my "cheapness" I have to add, I have been very impressed with their portrait studio.   I do know and appreciate photography as an art and isn't something I have or will always do "cheap".  But I have truly enjoyed both photographers we have had for some milestone pics that aren't going to be on my wall for more than 6 months to a year.  I love seeing the pics immediately and ordering just the couple faves I want in a collage or 8 x 10 frames.  

No comments:

Post a Comment