Monday, July 28, 2014

30 is going to be a great year!

I didn't fear this birthday at all.  I love multiples of five and just have a good feeling this is going to be another favorite year.  Only drawback to my birthday is it is definitely the half way point of summer and nearing real world life again!   Life keeps going faster but keeps getting more fun and I am loving seeing Declan grow and learn things by the second. I love seeing Andy being a wonderful father!

I'm also the birthday "week" type of person... I'd play the birthday "month" card if I could.  I say it started on Tuesday the 15th out at Litchfield's Ladies Invitational!   I'm lucky to share my birthday week with some good friends.   Donna's birthday and Card's anniversary so we usually try to get together after our 3M golf league and we did for a bonfire at our house on Wed.






We also had been wanting to try the BBQ restaurant in Grove City called Hog in the Road, and we are so happy we did!  It was delicious and a great time with live music, dancing and a few too many bottles of wine (mixed with a tequila shot...not good...)  Andy and I split a bleu cheese fondue app with beef tips, croutons and grilled cherry tomatoes and it was decadent!  Both our entrees were perfection.






Saturday morning I put on my rally cap and we headed to Apple Valley to meet my mom, sister, Mandy and Malorie for some fun at the Minnesota Zoo.  Except one little rain shower, the overcast 70 degree day was perfect!  Declan pointed at every animal and made many people smile at him!  The zoo is awesome for a family outing as no lines, plenty to see and do and you can bring your own picnic lunch in!  We enjoyed the Wells Fargo Family Farm too!  Declan's favorite was probably the splash park and we enjoyed the sun coming out just in time.



Sunday, my actual birthday, we made a nice breakfast at home with my mom and I made it to church in the park finally with mom here to watch Declan while he napped.  Andy and Declan suprise me with flowers, Bridgestone golf balls and a golf umbrella so I'd quit taking Andy's!

Afternoon was couples golf with Johnson's and McGinley's out at Oakdale!   The scramble was fun with lots of mixing it up with using 2nd best shots, boys + girls scores, couple + couple score!  Highlight was Molly sinking a 35+ foot birdie putt on 9 so both the boys and girls had 4!  We won the tournament even though our score card was a little late in the turn in Karl and had to find us! We were thankful for my mom watching both Declan and Noah while we played!  They just napped a lot and then golfed a bit themselves!



My birthday week came to an end on Tuesday when I won a seat on jury duty at the US District Courthouse!





No comments:

Post a Comment