Sunday, July 21, 2019

Thanks for birthday love! Halfway update!

 Dearest Family and Friends, 

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes through cards, facebook and phone yesterday!  It was a special day starting with our group run but today I am definitely feeling it! It is almost the halfway point of training for the TC Marathon with Team World Vision in our run for clean water or sponsorship for 300,000.  I wanted to share a little update about some exciting fun dates that are coming up for this journey, and where our mini and mighty teams are at.  

First off, mark your calendars to say a little prayer for us and if you considering coming and helping support teams of athletes, please let me know!  Or if you can gift clean water to a child, please head here: www.teamworldvision.org/participant/moments   If building a relationship with a child thru sponorship is on your heart, look here and let me know if you do!   www.worldvision.org/sponsor-a-child

Here are some Great Dates:

Sunday, September 8th:  It is 95% set and in the works but during and after the MN Speedgolf Tournament at Rich Valley Golf Course, I am going to be Speedgolfing 4 hours or 20 miles, whichever comes first, for clean water and for my training run that Sunday!  
If you are available to help volunteer to score a speedgolfer the first hour, we are looking for cart driving scorers. And then if you want to play a round of golf or two (in a cart/regular speed), or run 9-18 holes with me while I continue 3 more hours of speedgolfing, please let me know as I am seeking out all the community!  The catch is you’ll have to let me run and play the hole with you when I get to you ;) (And I was giddy when I realized Sept 8 is our sponsored child Augustin’s birthday!!) 

Sunday, October 6th: Twin City Marathon Day!  If you have never been to this race, or a race, it is one amazing route, and there is nothing like the atmosphere in watching a marathon.  Please consider coming to cheer on all the runners, watching for the sea of orange World Vision members, and yelling for me really loud would be great too!  


Mini & Mighty Team Updates!
We are not just running for ourselves but for the goal of 300,000 children for World VIsion Nationwide, and our Team Geth has helped 75 children receive clean water but is looking to help 325 more children thru water programs and child sponsorship!  The Full Twin City World Vision half and full marathon teams have brought awareness to the water crisis thru 512 runners and has provided lifetime water to 3,666 people! All the mini teams and “mini donations” (all are generous!) add up to MIGHTY differences! All the donations add up to life giving wells and education… never underestimate the power of any amount you can do. Many of you have been a mighty part of these numbers and prayers and I can’t thank you enough!!!  Though there has been some struggles with my team of 12 now having half of us still able to run and a couple watching injuries closely, we are all trying to still use our story and remember our WHYs! There has been so much growth in our community and friendships and in ourselves that this process is powerful in multiple ways! 

Hearing this man's story who is just starting his 35th year with World Vision (as I begin my 35th year of living!!!) was a top highlight of my birthday week!  From water fetching himself in deep, risky, dirty wells as a child, and seeing his 1 year old sister and others die from water disease, his Why is deep. I left having a deeper understanding in all the field work, commitment to communities, making sure communities work alongside World Vision mobilizing themselves to understand all areas of W.A.S.H (Water and Sanitation Hygiene.)  They don't just drill a well and leave but are present for 15 years of support! I also understand why child sponsorship is so valuable to 4+ more children and how far and much our American dollars go for them! Running with TWV and seeing the compassion and commitment of volunteers, thru support of my family and friends is making this challenge one of the most inspiring of my lives.

Thank you again for your support in words of encouragement and sharing our stories and in giving what are able to this mission.  If you already have given financially, thank you for continued prayer support or coming to cheer on 9/8 or 10/6! I am the first to admit, I get scared and overwhelmed about all the problems on this “hell on earth”, and have my confusions and doubts in “religions”.  I also admit to have been afraid to have the label “Christian” on me with the ways things get columned so black or white, and generalized, but I can’t get away from Jesus. I can’t get away from the life he led and deep truths about helping the marginalized, outcasts and poor.  And I can’t get away from the overwhelmedness being covered in joy as “His Will being done on earth as in Heaven” by so many loving people coming together to help. This summer I have tried to focus on Mark 12:29-31 with myself and boys because selfless, unconditional LOVE feels right.  “Love our Creator with all your Heart, Soul, Mind and Strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.”

Thanks for taking the time to mark your calendars, read our updates and hear my heart.  Again, if you can give anything today, head here: www.teamworldvision.org/participant/moments

With Love, Brooke



No comments:

Post a Comment