Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My Wise Baby

He is so smart.  Baby's are all so wise soaking in their new world  I'm biased, I know.  But he knows HIS people.  He loves his puppy.  He knows crying/screeching/laughing gets him full attention.  

I do stand by the fact my Declan slept till at least 5 am from 10 weeks old until he was about 5 months old... Babywise worked/will work well for us.  And then he got a cold... and then he was teething...and then I had my period and was in low supply (sorry if TMI... read someone else's non-baby blog ;) )... SWEET, HE SLEPT THRU THE NIGHT FOR TWO NIGHTS... and then he had a growth spurt... and then he was teething again.... SWEET, FOR ONE NIGHT HE SLEPT THRU THE NIGHT... and now a cold/maybe teething/maybe growth spurt.  

Did I mention he has no actual teeth?  I know they go up and down, and trust me I would like to nurse a long time and would prefer he has no teeth, but I can't use that excuse for justifying anymore until they are here.

But I did buy an Amber Teething necklace.  Maybe it doesn't truly release enough succinic acid and it is all placebo, but I'd rather that then guess and dose him with too much Tylenol and numbing gels.    If anything, his day naps have been much more consistent and longer since buying that.  (shhhh... don't tell anyone he may sleep with it on.. it's under his onesies...)

But last night made me cry... literally at 1:00am I was crying... I didn't know WHY Declan was crying.  He was crying for an hour and a half straight. He wouldn't eat, didn't need a diaper,wasn't happy being carried, playing with me or Andy... It was painful .  Finally he slept.  And then at 2:00 am he was awake again for 40 minutes. 

So.. do I let him cry it out if he wakes again? AAAHHH.. IDK... if he just needs to eat/comfort for 5/10 minutes, I don't mind.  That is easier than the pain of last night (which I wasn't trying to let him cry.. I tried to quite/feed at the first midnight whimper, but he wasn't having it and that probably overly woke him up and started the fun)

We'll see what tonight brings... Wish me luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment