Sunday, July 28, 2013

Declan's Tour de'MidWest

Many have said we were crazy... well, we kind of were... and I have been tired the past week paying for it... but the crazy traveling we did this past month was worth it for all of our family to meet Declan.

It is fun to watch that YouTube video and just watch Declan change from beginning to end!

When he was just a week old we took off to Omaha for the Looten's (Andy's mom's side) reunion!  There was a lot of relaxing, laughing, drinking, people getting lost, slip and slides from a playground slide, fence breaking and repairing, shopping at mall and College World Series, and watching sports finals of hockey and basketball on tv.





FOUR GENERATIONS!!

 Next was Duluth for the Purkat's Cabin Fourth of July fun!  There was lots of disc slam, FOOD, more drinking, jogs, bike rides, tubing, pontoon rides, fireworks, mosquito bites, golf for the boys (rained out after 13 holes... only bad weather we really had), and a little fishing with a little boat trouble!



 FOUR GENERATIONS! 
 Declan hung out on this blanket all week! 
   





 The Young Kids ;) 


      Our third vacation was Wisconsin!   We only had a few days to head to  Lake Michigan for the Thrall-a-Palooza reunion!  But it was worth 14 hours roundtrip in the car.   Everyone again approved of Declan even with his one rough night since his birth where he cried for 30 minutes straight at 4:00 am!  The Arizona Thralls and Illinois Thralls were all present!  The weather was so perfect... and the lake so calm I would've loved to waterski.  The beach was like ocean sand and water way warmer than I would have suspected. Again, disc slam was a hit


We had to make a pit stop at Lambeau Field as we stopped in Green Bay!  





 The Thrall Men! 

  The Young Kids ;) ! 



        The last stop was the closest (and nearest and dearest to my heart I felt bad I couldn't get their sooner) was CHISAGO! My amazing Aunt Judy invited everyone to her home to be able to meet Declan, eat some excellent lasagna and sing some happy birthday with some dessert for my mom on her 60th birthday!  The morning of my mom's birthday I took her out to breakfast and I ran into my high school golf coach. That was fun to see her and reminisce!


 Declan's third cousin M.D. is just about 10 months old and it was so crazy to see how big he'll be then!  M.D. got a little jealous when his mom and grandma had Declan! 

 Grandma with Declan and her cake! 


              Baby Whisperer Michelle ;) 


We are home for the next month before one more trip to Racine Wisconsin when we see Jimmy Buffet in concert and visit before I go back to work!  It can go slowly.. I won't mind ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment